Agricultural Employment in California
The Agricultural sector is one of the largest industry sectors in California, and its performance is vital to the economic health of the state. The California Employment Development Department - Labor Market Information Division produces monthly employment and earnings estimates and a quarterly Agricultural Bulletin, which provides detailed statistical information for this industry sector. The data published is based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). In addition, county annual average employment is displayed on the Agricultural Employment Maps. For national agricultural statistics, please visit the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Agricultural Statistics Service.
- Detailed Agricultural Employment and Earnings Data Tables
- CA Agricultural Employment Maps
- Additional Resources
Detailed Agricultural Employment and Earnings Data Tables
The Excel-formatted data files below contain monthly and annual average employment and average hourly earnings data for California and six regional areas.
1990 - Current
1990 - Current
|All Areas (zip file)|
|Central Coast Region|
|North Coast Region|
|Sacramento Valley Region|
|San Joaquin Valley Region|
|South Coast Region|
Note: Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) data for 1991-2002 is available upon request. These data files contain employment and average hourly earnings data for California and six regional areas, by month, and are classified according to the SIC coding system which is now obsolete.
California Agricultural Employment Maps
- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Agricultural Statistics Service, provides timely, accurate, and useful statistics in service to U.S. agriculture.
- Hours & Earnings Data by selected industries
- Information on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- National Agricultural Worker Survey (NAWS)